Crawl Across the Ocean

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Boring Site Note

Just a quick post to note that I've changed things around a little on the sidebar. Anything that was linked before should still be linked but I have collapsed some groups of links down to a single header to clean things up a little. To expand collapsed lists of links, click on the [+] sign over to the right of the sidebar. If you see any problems let me know, I only tested it in Internet Explorer and Firefox, but usually if something works with the fragile Explorer it works most places.

Thanks to Curt's Northwestern Winds site whose html I examined to figure out how to get the expandable boxes to work properly. Note: You can auto-generate code for the boxes here, but you'll likely still have to do some tinkering after the fact to fit it into your template.

2 Comments:

  • Glad I could "help". FYI, the site I got the code from had all sorts of meta text gibberish in it about internet gambling and whatnot and I removed that stuff before I used it. If you copied from my template, you're probably fine. The originators, if I recall right, didn't even mention the fact that they were meta spamming or google bombing or whatever the right word is, so I don't feel too bad about nixing it.

    By Blogger Curt, at 3:33 PM  

  • Yeah, I used their site to auto-generate the first couple of boxes and it had the same kind of stuff, but I followed your example and just kept the code and the acknowledgement of the source.

    By Blogger Declan, at 5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home