Crawl Across the Ocean

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Section 15

Perhaps I've just watched too much Roswell, but my first reaction on seeing the blog named Section 15 was that it was probably some reference to the Canadian equivalent of Area 51 (a military base in the western U.S. where aliens supposedly crashed/landed a few decades back) or something.

As it turns out, Section 15 is just the section of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms which talks about equal treatment and protecting Canadians from discriminatory laws. Anyway, I bring this up because Mark, from Section 15, has a great post up clearly explaining the legal ins and outs of section 15 and the rest of the charter as it relates to discriminatory laws.

It's well worth a read.
(and I'm not just saying that because his post links back to one of my posts!)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home