Crawl Across the Ocean

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

But Everything Changes / And My Friends Seem to Scatter...

Via Bound by Gravity, I see that it is not just an internet snafu that gives me an error when I try to visit The Heart of the Matter - Treehugger has signed off.

Treehugger set himself a lofty goal (especially for a blog):
"I hope that everyone who came here saw that I tried to provide a blog that was not an ideological echo chamber. I tried to set an example that it was possible to have people from all walks of political belief talking to, instead of yelling at, each other. That was my goal from day one."

and he definitely succeeded - I can think of few blogs which stimulated more interesting (and civilized) debate than the Heart of the Matter.

You'll be missed Treehugger.



-----
If, like me, you didn't catch the sign-off post, you can see ithere through the magic of google caching.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • You and I seem to have rehearsed this post together, Declan. Thanks for the link to TH's final post, too. I missed it as well.

    By Blogger Janie For Mayor, at 3:08 PM  

  • You know what they say, great minds blog alike!

    By Blogger Declan, at 10:13 PM  

  • Thanks for the kind words Declan, they are much appreciated.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home