Crawl Across the Ocean

Monday, June 20, 2005

Blog Notes

First off, Timmy, Pogge, Jonathan and Mahigan have combined forces over at pogge's house. They're all great bloggers in their own right, so the combination should make for an entertaining blog.

Also, the dropdown boxes continue their slow but steady march as I gradually try to make my blog function as a web portal for myself. The latest addition links to the 'headquarters' of various blogging alliances so if you're looking for more blogs to read that's a good place to look. I found it interesting that the Progressive Blogger's homesite has adopted a bit of a Daily-KOS, community style approach in which people can register for an account and write diaries on the site even if they don't have their own blog. It will be interesting to see if traffic trends in Canada follow the American example (with big, community oriented 'left-wing' blogs outstripping the traffic of the big 'right-wing' blogs) or find their own path.

Finally, some unrelated movie notes:

1) I saw the movie 'Hitch' (with Will Smith) the other day.

2) As per my commentary here I highly recommend that Simon go rent this movie. It's great. You'll really enjoy it. Honest.

3) Movie ticket sales in the U.S. are down 9% vs. the same point last year.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • What could be more funny than a corpulent white guy trying to be cool?

    I'm sold!

    By Blogger Simon, at 8:55 PM  

  • You're going to live it, it's a - hmm, what's the comedic equivalent of 'thrill ride' - it's a laugh a minute, non-stop laughs, the funniest movie of the summer, a perfect date movie.

    This is a digression, but I remember back a few years liking Siskel & Ebert but thinking that I generally preferred Siskel's reviews. But now with Siskel passed on, Ebert stands above the crowd like a lonely oak in a clear-cut forest.

    I've tried writing (book) reviews on this blog so I know it ain't easy, but surely there are a few people who can do a consistently high quality job of it? Am I asking too much here?

    By Blogger Declan, at 10:24 PM  

  • hmm, my first line above should have read, 'you're going to *love* it', not 'you're going to *live* it'. It was just a typo, I wasn't trying to put a curse on you.

    By Blogger Declan, at 10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home