Crawl Across the Ocean

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Blog Milestone

It took a while, but Crawl Across the Ocean received its first spam comment (on the previous post). Alas, even for spam, it was pretty lame. If you judge a Blog by the quality of it's spam then we're off to a rough start here.

Of course, once I went to delete it, I found that Blogger's comment deleting feature didn't seem to be working (since it wouldn't recognize me as being logged in). Fortunately, google (and Richi Jennings) provided a workaround

The workaround worked like a charm, but after using it, I found I was now recognized as being logged in so the comment delete feature was working again. It's stuff like this that made me switch out of computer science (OK, well technically that's not why, but stuff like this didn't encourage me, either).

Since I'm already rambling about technical stuff and complaining about Blogger, I'm also going to mention their terrible spell-checker (The mighty Google can't afford a decent spell-checker? - one that recognizes the word 'Blog' and doesn't get confused by contractions like won't and can't???)

And finally, this is more to do with my template than Blogger but, '1 comments'? come on (I'm guessing I could probably fix this if I really wanted to, but maybe some other time).

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home