Crawl Across the Ocean

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Recommendation

Well the Blog awards may be over and the list of sites nominated still makes a good list of places to look for a good Canadian blog to read, but if you're looking for the best Canadian blog which wasn't nominated, then I would say, look here

Of course it's possible that I'm biased because it seems like every second or third time I write a post, it turns out that Andrew wrote something very similar a long time ago.

For example, consider my post from the other day on collective action problems and compare it to this post, one of the first things Andrew wrote on his blog (way) back in 2002.

I spent a good part of a rainy afternoon today reading through various posts from his long archive (once I realized that sometimes you have to scroll down a bit to see the post) and it's fascinating stuff, especially if you have an interest in Toronto politics, urban planning, collective action problems, Jane Jacobs, or Ontario politics (especially as they relate to Toronto), not to mention climate change, and federal politics

I'm thinking that, since I seem to channel Andrew's archives so often, it's a good bet that if you like this Blog you'll probably like his too.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Gee, thanks Declan. That's very nice.

    I really don't think I should have been nominated... in the past year or so my blog has been too patchy... sometimes (like this week) I'm just too busy to write anything. For a blog, that's not good!

    But hopefully a lot of my readers have picked up on your blog. You're writing smart stuff on a lot of topics I'm interested in, so anybody who's ever liked my site would probably love yours.

    By Blogger Andrew Spicer, at 9:47 PM  

  • Patchy is relative - keep in mind Coyne came 4th in voting for best Conservative Blog!

    Anyway, I figure one of the most valuable things about Blogs is that they help sort the good/useful/accurate/interesting info from the bad/useless/wrong/dull info, that's all I was trying to do here.

    By Blogger Declan, at 10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home