Crawl Across the Ocean

Friday, September 21, 2007

For Once, An Effective Self-Help Book

With the city employees still on strike here in Vancouver, the libraries have been closed for quite a while. And when I walk past the Denman branch, as I do fairly often, my eye is invariably caught by a book which is on one of the swivelling racks and is facing out towards the sidewalk. The part that catches my eye is the two word title which reads - in bold 50 point font - "Outing Yourself"

And I always wonder, is there even any print on the pages inside this book? Or is it simply enough to pick this book up and carry it around in public and consider it a job well done?

3 Comments:

  • I've noticed the same book. And I got almost a celebrity thrill in recognizing common geography.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:31 PM  

  • Maybe the employees purposely left it facing outward at the Joe Fortes branch prior to the strike.

    It could encourage any West Enders still closeted to come out - if there are any still closeted, that is. :)

    By Blogger West End Bob, at 8:13 AM  

  • Arwen - Well I'm glad it wasn't just me who noticed. You must be another West Ender, we have probably passed on the street at some point...

    West End Bound - good point, maybe they should move that book to a different branch (once the strike is over, of course) - it might have done all it can in the West End already.

    By Blogger Declan, at 10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home