Crawl Across the Ocean

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Personal Note #1 - Uncle Dec

With all due respect to Spirinez, the star of my 'family and friends' blogroll is clearly my sister Trish's Journey To (and with) Faith which tracks their (her and her husband's) progress in adopting a baby girl (named Faith) from China. If you're interested in adopting - especially from China - or just interested in that kind of thing generally, I recommend it.

Fortunately (for me) the trip back from China with the baby included a one night stopover in Vancouver, so my girlfriend and I made the trip out to the hotel to see little Faith - quite an experience. As Trish mentions on her blog, I planned to buy Faith a ball to make sure she wasn't just given a bunch of 'girly' presents, but the only suitable ball I could find was a 'My Little Pony' ball. I guess we'll call that a mission semi-accomplished.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • Yeah, Spirinez' blog is decent, I mean if you prefer quantity to quality :)

    Too bad I didn't get the opportunity to visit with Faith & family when she was in town. Hopefully next time.

    Cute kid! I've been following Trish's blog this whole time so it's nice to see everything working out so well.

    By Blogger Simon, at 11:34 PM  

  • You have a lovely new niece, Declan.

    Love that pic of you and Bettina lounging on the bed with Faith snoozing between you!

    Congrats to your family, especially Kevin and Trish.

    By Blogger Janie For Mayor, at 1:04 PM  

  • Thanks Timmy, you're a true gentleman.

    Next time for sure Simon. Nice shot at Spirinez by the way! I'm sure he's working on a formula to estimate blog-post-quality as we speak. OK, technically we're not actually speaking and it is the middle of the night back East as I write this, but you know what I mean.

    By Blogger Declan, at 11:50 PM  

  • Hi Declan,

    Or should I say Uncle Dec? Thanks for the nice words and the links. We really enjoyed our visit with you and Bettina and Faith does play with her new ball although it will be awhile before she masters kicking! We all look forward to seeing you again soon. Good luck with your move today!

    Simon - next time we're out there for more than a nano-second between very long flights we will definitely get together!

    Timmy - thanks for the congrats :)

    Trish

    By Blogger the Mom, at 5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home