Crawl Across the Ocean

Friday, February 04, 2005

I Stand Corrected

After watching a few minutes of Bush's State of the Union Address and hearing of his plan to cut the deficit in half in another 5 years, I concluded that fiscal responsibility wasn't a big priority for Bush & Co.

But that was before I read this:

"The people in Congress on both sides of the aisle have said, 'Let's worry about the deficit,'" Bush said Friday in Omaha, Neb., as he barnstormed the country for his Social Security (news - web sites) plan. "I said, 'OK, we'll worry about it again.' My last budget worried about it, this budget will really worry about it."

I guess there was no need for me to worry.



-----
Also, while I'm on the topic, if you haven't read Robert's State of His Blahg Address yet, you're missing out.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

  • I'd be worried if he didn't.

    By Blogger Declan, at 10:07 PM  

  • "I said, 'OK, we'll worry about it again.' My last budget worried about it, this budget will really worry about it."

    Jesus, how can anyone with an intellect feel anything but contempt for this yobbo?

    By Blogger Janie For Mayor, at 2:02 PM  

  • kinda makes you want to bust out the 'what, me worry?' tshirt

    By Blogger ainge lotusland, at 3:19 PM  

  • I guess Bush's supporters must excuse comments like these as cute, verbal blunders of an honest and simple straight-shooter.

    By Blogger Simon, at 9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home