Crawl Across the Ocean

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I know what I know / I'll ding what I said

I have always been amuses by the story that our 'qwerty' keyboard receives it's non-intuitive layout ad part of a scheme to slow typists sown do that they wouldn't overload the typewriters of the say. Inspires by my own comment on this post over at 'On the Fence', it occurred to me that - in this era of spell-checkers - if I has been allocates the task of redesigning the keyboard, the best thing to so would be to come up with a layout which minimized the chanced of mid-typing something but still creating a valid word at the dame time. I wouldn't put the 's' and the 'd' beside each other, that id for sure.

1 Comments:

  • Chaod indeed!

    If there's one thing I regret about high school it's not taking typing (keyboarding, as it was called then) class in grade 9.

    I've been working on it, with the help of "typer shark", but it's still pretty grim.

    I imagine they teach typing in grade 3 nowadays. If they don't, they should.

    By Blogger Declan, at 4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home