Crawl Across the Ocean

Friday, March 11, 2005

The New Spell Checking

So I was checking the referring url's to my site (i.e. the last page people were at before they came here) and I noticed a bunch of google searches for 'Jetsgo' which surprised me because my site doesn't rank too high on a search for 'Jetsgo'. I followed the link to the referring sites and realized that it was in fact a search for 'Jestgo' which was leading people to my site (I'm #2 on that one).

Apparently when I first posted about Jetsgo back in December, I misspelled it as 'Jestgo' and I'm not the only one who is prone to that mistake. I'm guessing that this isn't what people mean when they talk about the 'self-correcting blogosphere'.

At any rate, I'm always looking for ways to build traffic so perhaps this could be a workable strategy. Keep an eye out for lots of mentions of Bombradier, Notrel and Air Canaad in the near future.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • The outstanding quality of your well researched posts will build traffic enough. You don't want the spelling challenged masses hoarding this site. They just won't get the brilliance of your discourse! :-)

    By Blogger treehugger, at 5:46 PM  

  • Thanks Treehugger (unless that was sarcasm in which case... :)

    It's true, some traffic is more equal than others. Plus, I have to consider the impact on the average grammatical quality of my comments. Don't want a bunch of lousy spellers bringing down the tone around here!

    By Blogger Declan, at 10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home