Crawl Across the Ocean

Thursday, June 03, 2010

Twin Peaks

"When something goes wrong
I'm the first to admit it
The first to ad-mit it
And the last one to know"

Paul Simon, Something So Right




So, a while back in 2007, I predicted that Vancouver housing prices would peak in 2008 - and they did, as the graph below shows (click to enlarge). But somewhat implicit in my prediction was the notion that they wouldn't reach a higher peak in 2010, which they also did.



I've heard of the V-shaped and W-shaped recession, but as the inventory of houses for sale climbs in a pattern reminiscent of 2008 (see chart below) I wonder about chances of an M-shaped housing bubble...



Note: Chart was originally posted by commenter vibe in the forum at Vancouver Condo Info. REBGV = Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home