Crawl Across the Ocean

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Apologies, Jokes

So this guy broke into our apartment the other day and made off with the TV.

Then today he came back and said he was really sorry, so I asked if I could have my TV back, but he said that he didn't take the TV lightly, and he still stands behind his decision to take our TV. Then he left.

In other news, a headline from CBC, "Emerson issues apology, but stands by defection decision".

I guess my point is that sometimes an apology is a joke. Like when you have an easy and obvious method of making amends but choose not to do so.

2 Comments:

  • From the article: "Emerson won his riding as a Liberal in the Jan. 23 federal election, winning by a solid majority over veteran New Democrat Ian Waddell."

    I love how the CBC thinks a 10% win, comprising 43.5% of the vote, is a "solid majority". Although I wouldn't usually call 10% "solid", can't the media start using "plurality" for "plurality" and "majority" for "majority"?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:20 PM  

  • Yeah, I noticed that too Nicholas, you'd think that people who do political reporting for a living could at least learn the definition of majority. Or that their editors could correct them when they screw it up.

    By Blogger Declan, at 8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home