Crawl Across the Ocean

Monday, May 08, 2006


I'm getting really tired of having to enter in one of those 'word verification' things with the curly letters every time I try to do anything on the web. There must be some way I can get the computer to figure those out for me automatically...


  • They're called "captchas". Joining you in the effort to find an automated way to defeat them is every spammer on the planet. :)

    The captchas that drive me nuts are the ones that have no alternative for the visually impaired (Blogger's do, and good for them)... and the ones where that munged character could be an upper-case I, a lower-case L, a numeral 1 or just a bug that happened to fly into your monitor at an inopportune moment.

    By Blogger Rob Cottingham, at 11:14 PM  

  • Huh, I didn't know there was a word for them. But don't worry, if I figure out an automated workaround I won't tell anyone.

    Although I suppose if I did come up with a solution, it might be the one case where there would be a legitimate offer from Nigerians to make me rich...

    By Blogger Declan, at 4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home