Crawl Across the Ocean

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Laziness

Laziness doesn't get much respect in our society, but it seems undeniable (to me, anyway) that it has given birth to many more inventions than glory hogging necessity ever did. At any rate, in their efforts to accommodate lazy readers, both Andrew (of Bound by Gravity fame) and Jay Currie (of, uh, Jay Currie notoriety) have developed aggregation tools which allow the lazy reader to read multiple blog posts on the same topic from different Canadian bloggers.

Andrew's is open to all to submit whatever posts of theirs (or others I suppose) that they think are relevant/interesting, while Jay's picks up posts automatically from a predetermined list of blogs. Both are works in progress at this point (but isn't everything, really?). I'd tell you more, but laziness compels me to avoid reposting the wheel, and instead direct you to Mark (of Section 15 prominence - thanks Mr. Thesaurus) who did a great introductory post on CanConv (Andrew's creation) which then generated discussion of Jay's in the comments.

Note: For the time being, I have added links the aggregators in the dropdown box formerly known as 'Blogging Alliance HQs', now renamed 'Blog Aggregators and Alliances' - they may get reclassified in the future (we'll see how it goes).

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Thanks for the plug, Declan.

    Regarding post submisions to CanConv... I encourage everyone to subit any post they feel that adds value to the Canadian Blogosphere - submissions are definately not restricted to your own blog.

    By Blogger Andrew, at 5:29 AM  

  • I'm too lazy to submit stuff to Andrew's site (though I think its a good idea), so I've decided if he thinks my postings ar worthy enough to post, he can do it, since he's got an RSS feed of my stuff I post about at Prog Blog ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:00 PM  

  • Andrew - no problem. good luck!

    Scott - yes, laziness is always a hazard. People are free to submit my stuff if they like!, although I'll try to submit my own if I think it's interesting.

    By Blogger Declan, at 12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home